We are seeking a Director, Customer Success based on the West Coast who will hold an important customer-facing position leading a team of Customer Success Managers.
You will have direct influence on our future growth and success by developing team members and working with your team and portfolio of customers to ensure customer ROI is achieved. You will be linked into the “Insight Community” industry, understanding topical business issues and evolving approaches, networked to key customer decision makers and highly adept at relationship building.
As an accomplished, respected leader you will have a reputation for impeccable customer and team management, creativity, attention to detail and strategic insight in the delivery of results and recommendations – in short, providing out-of-the box thinking that wows your customers.
- 8+ years related work experience in a Customer Success organization
- BA/BS required
- In-depth experience building and mentoring high-performing teams
- Strong productivity tools skills – Microsoft Suite and CRM systems
- Experience working with large and complex enterprise accounts is a plus
- Experience with insights community panel management and/or online research a plus
- SaaS experience a plus
- Ability to travel
- Optimize customer journey to ensure that each and every customer derives real value from VC.
- Help define the vision of the ultimate customer experience
- Develop success plans for customers in your segment
- Oversee lifecycle processes/touch points, including exec sponsor program, “listening” points (e.g. on usage), and others
- Create standard presentation materials for various plays and scenarios
- Manage escalations from your direct reports, and follow a methodical escalation process to other VC departments up to and including execs.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Establish highly effective executive sponsor relationships to ensure a close and successful long term business relationship with customers
- Drive true value for customers
- Be an expert on best practices and innovate as ours and our customer’s businesses evolve
- Find ways for CSMs to deeply understand our customers’ objectives and become a trusted right-hand advisor
- Determine how to define, drive, and demonstrate the value (ROI) delivered
- Act as the voice of the customer and gather feedback from customers to:
- Improve the customer experience
- Advocate for changes in other departments’ ways of working (including our onboarding process) and collaborate with them to implement those
- Help drive company-wide definition of ideal customer
- Help strengthen company-wide customer feedback loop
- Help foster company-wide culture of Customer Success
- Drive alignment for Renewals & Expansion with Sales
- Align with Sales on renewal and up-sell strategy and focus on selling with a retention focus
- Identify expansion opportunities and align with Sales and ensure smart hand-off
- Own key metrics for your team
- Expansion sales and pipeline development
- Customer and employee satisfaction
- Own the financial model for your team, including projections of costs and revenue forecasts of retention and upsell rates
- Recruit, mentor, groom and inspire a world-class team
- Build a pipeline of great candidates
- Establish a rigorous interview process
- Set expectations on performance and give feedback
- Set up training and mentoring to grow team
- Create culture of massive customer delight
- Achieve operational excellence
- Continuously communicate metrics to team
- Report on key metrics to senior CS management weekly
We provide customer relationship intelligence software that improves customer relationships to grow customer lifetime value. Designed for today’s always-on, social and mobile savvy customer, Vision Critical’s technology helps large, customer-centric enterprises discover what their customers want so they can deliver what they need. Unlike traditional customer research, which is slow, expensive and gathers dust on a shelf, Vision Critical’s customer intelligence platform replaces static data and cumbersome reports with real-time actionable customer intelligence that companies need to build better products, deliver better services and achieve better business outcomes. Hundreds of high-performance organizations use Vision Critical’s technology.
Ready to join our team?
If you are interested in helping Vision Critical deliver on its commitments and taking your career to the next level, we invite you to apply online now: https://careers-visioncritical.icims.com/jobs/2379/director%2c-customer-success/job
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest.
We are an equal opportunity employer.