Internal Job Description Required.
The Associate BDM supports the development of Oral Care category strategies and 5P’s to deliver key
budgeted KPIs (i.e. market share, net sales, etc). Works collaboratively with the Hub and provides input
on retailer perspective in commercial process by soliciting input from CDTs on category opportunities
and risks, and collaborates on project execution and business analytics. Responsible for supporting local
market recommendations on new product plans and for leadership on key elements of the GTM
Acts as Commercial Lead and “go to” resource for all questions/actions relating to the performance of the business in their category.
Leads the development of category growth and 5P strategies, working collaboratively with Hub Marketing and based on input from the CDT teams.
Collaborate on the bi-annual Sub and Division Sr Mgm’t category business review process (Budget/ MYR) including sub category forecasting and issue /actions identification.
Local co-lead for new product GTM process. Provide direction and guidance to Hub and CIC Marketing teams on opportunities and needs to optimally manage the new product grid for the Canadian business for respective categories. Lead the new product Gateway process and all CDO communication and selling tools for Oral Care innovation.
Lead the CDO planning process for their category, providing strategic direction on how to build their plans to the CDTs.
Lead the processes/meetings to ensure alignment on strategies/plans between Sr. Mgm’t and cross functional team members across Hub and Sub. (eg. Managing agenda and preparation for Bi-annual hub/sub meetings)
Develop communication and KPI tracking tools for the CDT and to monitor plan execution.
Develop course correction plans for the category together with CDT and Hub Marketing.
Local lead for sku optimization initiatives for total Oral Care, including identifying opportunities to consolidate or disco skus and reporting back to Sr. Mgm’t on results.
Develop robust category business analysis. (e.g.SOM, Distrib.) to be the expert on the business by Category.
Level of Education: Bachelor’s degree
Years of Experience: 2+ years
Functional Experience and Technical Skills:
1. Strong strategic thinker and ability to develop creative solutions to challenging business
2. Ability to develop and communicate compelling recommendations and secure alignment
3. Strong relationship building skills with the ability to engage collaboratively across functions and
levels within the organization.
4. Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to project manage and deliver on
deadlines effectively and efficiently.
5. Analytical experience to conduct category assessment and identify opportunities.
6. Financial knowledge (P&L) to recommend initiatives that brings financial results and
understanding the impact on the business and ROI.
7. Customer knowledge and informed perspective on what is required to gain alignment from
8. Customer Management experience very valuable but not required.
9. Able to build good relationship w/ CDT and Marketing to implement the strategies, to build
activity grid and achieve Category objectives
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: